Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Today is Kinda like Christmas Eve

  

You might be asking yourself "What the hell is Brian talking about?" "How come he loves Christmas so much?" "Why hasn't he posted a blog in weeks?" "How did he get so tall?" "What happened to all the dinosaurs?"

All good questions deserving good answers and my response would be to completely avoid everything except for the first one because it leads into the reason why I'm writing this post.  Tomorrow is none other than March 21st aka the true start to one of my favorite times of the year; MARCH MADNESS. 


Nothing but college basketball from the wee hours of the morning until the dust settles in the evening.  On the eve of March Madness I barely get any sleep because of how excited I am, very similar to Christmas Eve.  So, since I never blogged about my Christmas festivities, the following pictures are from one of the greatest Christmas Eve meals I have ever had thanks to my loving family.

(Part of me wants to just post these pictures and let them do the talking, but the other part of me is too excited about this food for me not to add a few thoughts)


How do you warm up for a meal?  With meats and cheese of course.


LOOK AT THAT PRESENTATION!  If I remember correctly, I had 7 of these bad boys.  Who would have thought they'd be so good!

Nothing wrong with a few drinks around the holidays.  Tomorrow and the weekend will most likely feature a variety of beers while I take in all of the college basketball games, but on Christmas Eve I had a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  My grandfather also keeps the good stuff hidden below and probably thought I wouldn't find it... but I did!


Essentially the Duke Blue Devils of the meal.  Fried Dough is something that always shows up at the meal and is expected to be there, but no one thinks about it as the main event.  Granted, it's served after the antipasto and before the fish and all that good stuff, but it's my favorite part of the meal and can easily stand alone as the best of the best aka DUKE.


Egg Nog.  Why not?


Boom.


Orange slices are there to give me the necessary vitamins to keep such an aggressive pace at the dinner table.  Eating them is kind of like taking a breather while running a marathon.


Now I'm back at it!


Crazy eyes in that picture, but you try posing while a piece of fried dough is coming your way.  Not as easy as you think.

Fishy Fishayyyyyy


Bacon in the corn.  This is how you revolutionize the side dish game.


Chicken with prosciutto, fried eggplant, and fresh mozz on top.  The best part about this was that my aunt had so much left over that I took an entire tray home with me and ate this for lunch or dinner for a week straight.  Not. Mad. About. It.




Anddddddddddd dessert time!


At this point I was sleeping.  No joke I ate myself into a slumber and was able to wake up just in time for a picture, a glass of milk, and a few cookies.  After that it was right back to the recliner in the living room to lay down and attempt to breathe normally again.

Hopefully you've enjoyed this completely random yet in my world 100% topical post.  As I leave my office to go home and enjoy March Madness Eve I hope you and yours can do the same.  The madness begins tomorrow so we should all remember to wear royal blue, cheer for Duke no matter what (even if they;re not on), and pray that my bracket comes through and wins me some money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment