Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Randy's Wooster Street Pizza - MVF

It's no secret that Man v. Food on the Travel Channel is one of my favorite shows.  Adam Richman is living my dream by traveling around the country and sampling the best that restaurants have to offer while getting paid to do so.  I hate that man so much because I want his life, but anyways, this was one of his many stops.  Randy's Wooster Street Pizza was actually where he did a 10 pounds stuffed pizza challenge that I was going to try, but instead we ordered the Galaxy 500 which was actually a larger yet lighter pizza.


This pizza was massive and you wouldn't know it just by looking at this picture so I had Drew do his best to give you a point of reference:


This picture doesn't even do it justice, but the moral of the story is the pizza was HUGE.  My first thought was that this pizza was gonna suck because of how big it was.  Most challenges I've tried or seen usually taste "ok" because the restaurant wants you to enjoy it, but also wants you to fail at the challenge so they can make money.  A certain restaurant in Connecticut that has a burger challenge makes their last patty taste awful so by the time you get to it, you are completely turned off from eating it.  Not gonna name names, but the point is this pizza was delicious from start to finish.  Take a look at how they layered the toppings:


That's how you do it!  That's how you put toppings on a pizza!!!  Pepperoni, bacon, and I think we did meatball/hamburger... drooling right now thinking back to how great this was.  Noticed the toppings to open cheese ratio in this picture.  Not a lot of cheese is showing which means they did a great job layering the hell outta this pizza with toppings.  Again, I didn't try the challenge, but the pizza is very good and worth going back to either try the challenge or at least try the unique pizza combinations that they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment