Thursday, January 17, 2013

Working from Home

Who doesn't love working from home??? As an Admissions Counselor, my office allows for reading days where each counselor takes 40 files home and reviews them there instead of going to the office. Two things really make this day awesome. The first would be waking up in sweat pants and a T-shirt and not having to change all day long. The second would be what I get to cook for lunch. Since I'm home for the day I usually do something small for breakfast like a bowl of cereal and then have fun with lunch which is essentially breakfast 2.0.

What I have here is a pepperoni and cheese omelet (one of the worst words to spell in the English language - and technically it's scrambled eggs because I screwed up the flip in the air) that is inspired by my mother, some toast, and sausage links. It's nothing special, but it blows a normal breakfast like a bowl of cereal or some yogurt or oatmeal outta the water and it's better than a boring lunch like a turkey and cheese or a PB & J sandwich.

 
To close this post I want to throw in a public service announcement.  Don't be afraid to throw random things in when cooking eggs.  For some reason I used to just make scrambled eggs with cheese, some toast, and cooked bacon or sausage for the side.  Don't get me wrong, I love that, but I'm now getting more creative with my eggs.  I like to throw some pepperoni in the pan and warm that up with some olive oil before pouring the eggs in.  Instead of one kind of cheese I might use two or three.  Hot sauce is more or less a requirement at this point.  Spices and seasonings for days.  You can even dice up some fresh vegetables and toss em in there!  My personal favorite is a meat lovers omelet where I'll cook and chop up pepperoni, bacon, sausage, and ham and then mix that with as many kinds of cheese as I have.  We gotta step our egg-game up people!  And kudos to me for not making an "egg-cellent" or "egg-ceptional" type joke in this post.  I was scrambling for other jokes but I cracked under the pressure.  Good thing this post is over... easy does it.  Yolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment