Tuesday, February 19, 2013

McDonald's Fish McBites


You read that right. I ordered and subsequently ate a "shareable" size of McDonald's new Fish McBites. Since I'm writing this blog post you know I'm still alive, so they weren't THAT bad, but they weren't good.

It was this past Friday when I dared to be dangerous because of Lent. For the next few Fridays I can't eat meat so I'm reduced to PB&Js, things with cheese, and fish related items, so when Fontaine, Kelsey, Drew, and I were on our way up to Buffalo to catch the Bruins v. Sabres game, Fish McBites came my way.

To be honest, I was so hungry when we stopped that I was prepared to eat anything. Once we got inside and looked at the menu, I saw the Fish McBites and that "fishy fishy" song popped into my head from the commercial so I had to try them. Unfortunately I couldn't understand a word the girl taking my order said (English was far from her first language) so I ended up agreeing to the "shareable" size (which is for 2 people) and a large everything else. Not the best $10 I've ever spent, but they weren't THAT bad. They were more or less bit-sized fish sticks aka exactly what you would think. Would I eat them again? Yes. By choice? Probably not. After slamming down the 40+ McBites they gave me I think I'm ok with not having a Fish McBite anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment