Sunday, September 23, 2012

Good Morning - Disclaimer - No Bacon - Mario

I know I know, the title of this post is all over the place, but I figured since I'm going to be committed to this blog, I might as well address a few things that I didn't touch upon in my initial kick-off post.


First, GOOD MORNING!  This will most likely be the only early morning post that I do (unless a breakfast really blows me away) because I don't feel like "working" in the morning.  Every post I make will have something to do with food and this is that part.  Homewood Suites are my favorite type of hotel to stay at because not only do you get your own studio apartment with full kitchen, but you get free breakfast every morning AND free dinner Monday-Thursday where they have free beer and wine.  You might want to rethink your hotel accommodations after reading that.  Where ever you're staying, if there's a Homewood Suites nearby, switch!

My Disclaimer: I just wanted to make people aware that I do eat a lot.  Some would say an unnecessary amount to the point where they would be sick if they ate as much and as often as me and to them I want to say GFY  thank you.  Again, eating is my favorite thing to do in the world so I enjoy every meal I eat.  Going with that, I hear a ton of chirping (I love saying "chirping" because it reminds me of Jeff Velleca) about how "you're so lucky you can eat like that and not be 500 pounds."  It's not luck, it's called a gym.  I eat a ton, but I also hit the gym and go for runs and play basketball anywhere from 5 to 15 times a week.  I treat my body like a roller coaster and pack it with calories like you see on Epic Meal Time, but I balance that by working out so chirp that.


It's my 2nd day of travel and I haven't had bacon yet... I was hoping to feast this morning at breakfast, but they had sausage patties.  COME ON!  I mean, I had a few of them and they were quite tasty, but alas, another meal has come and gone without bacon.  Hopefully I can fix that soon.

The last part of this blog has nothing to do with food.  I was just curious as to how many people pronounce the name "Mario" like an idiot.  Maybe it's a New Jersey thing, but in New England I feel like most people pronounce it like this: Ma-Ree-Oh.  That's the correct way in my opinion, but down here I keep hearing it like this: Mare-Ree-Oh.  WRONG.  Play a game of Super Mario 64 for Christ's sake!  He starts off the game by saying "Itsa me, MARIO!"  Step your game up New Jersey.

And on that note, I'm gonna wind down this post.  It's a Sunday-Funday so I hope most of you that read this have nothing going on today (unlike me... college fair until 3:00pm) and can sit back, relax, and watch football.  Normally I would say to order some wings and have a few beers while watching the games, but today I'm feeling like a calzone or pizza.  That might be because I just talked about Mario and when I think Mario I think of Italian which in turns makes me think of pizza and everything in the pizza family, but go for a nice buff chick pizza today and get the best of both worlds.  Oh, and go San Fran!  Best team in the NFL baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment