Friday, October 26, 2012

A Nice Formal Dinner

I wish I read the title of this post before actually going to Baci, the restaurant that this post is about, because I might have classed things up a bit.  While staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Westbury, NY, I felt the need to go have a "nicer" dinner than the usual room service or Subway and Baci was suggested by the concierge.  Since this was a Friday night, all of my fellow road warriors from the field of Admissions had left for the weekend except for Rachel McAdams Sam, so we got together and walked down and around the corner to Baci.

We figured it was a "nice" restaurant, but when we walked in, we quickly realized that jeans and a T-Shirt didn't cut it.  Everyone looked a lot nicer than us and by comparison, it looked like we were members of the lower class who just declared bankruptcy.  Good thing neither of us cared and we walked right in and got a table.  Overall it was a really nice place and the food wasn't bad either.


Sam ordered something and I kind of forget what it was, but I'm thinking it was calamari over linguini with white sauce and a glass of red wine on the side.  Some would say that dish looks really boss, but that's because you haven't seen what I ordered!


BOOM.  Spinach and cheese raviolis.  I was hesitant to pull the trigger on this one, but I decided to switch things up from my favorite Italian dish of chicken parm and I'm happy I did.  I'll be honest, when my dish was placed in front of me all I could think of to say was "yeash" which was somewhat of a happy yes mixed with a simple acknowledgement of the food arriving.  I very rarely have pasta with a green sauce of any kind, but it smelt delicious, so I went for it.

All in all it was a pretty delicious meal.  If you're ever in the Westbury, NY area on Long Island, be sure to check this place out if you're interested in a "nicer" dinner than usual.  Just remember to stay in work clothes (if you dress business casual for work) and if you bring an umbrella, don't forget it in the restaurant.  To close this post out, I feel like ending with a nice homage to The Office and therefore bring you Lazy Sunday.  I'm hoping that this post is an A or an A+... but I completely forgot that there is an A++.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment