Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Food at a Public High School

Tonight I have a college fair at a lovely private catholic school and I figured I would do a comparison of the food I eat tonight with food that I would eat at a public high school.  Don't get me wrong, I love the food at public high schools, but the food there is usually inferior to the food at a private school.  I went to a public high school (Kennedy High School in Waterbury, CT) and I loved eating there every day.

Chicken Nuggets - Big Pretzel - Nachos and Cheese - French Bread Pepperoni Pizza on Fridays - Ziti - Meatball Grinders - Buffalo Nuggets - All with Texas Pete Hot Sauce

Great memories there, but look what some schools are rollin out these days:


PIZZA VENDING MACHINES.  I don't know how the dinner tonight will be able to top this.  What's better than a Tombstone DEEP DISH pizza from a vending machine?  Hopefully you realize that I'm being a bit sarcastic because I'm sure these pizzas are gross.  Would I eat one?  Absolutely.  I kind of really wanna try one and see how awful/delicious they really are.  But either way, another win for America.

Most schools are not in the upper echelon of society where they have pizza vending machines in their cafeterias, so when I visit them, I usually get a wrap or a sandwich.  Nothing fancy or special, but it gets the job done.  Stay tuned tonight to see what this private school brings to the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment